[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Bug in grep -P --color [bug-grep]

From: Behdad Esfahbod
Subject: Re: Bug in grep -P --color [bug-grep]
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 17:49:43 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005, Claudio Fontana wrote:

> > > I installed bicon
> >
> > Funny what comes up on the first page when you
> > Google for this.  Coming to Glasgow in 2006!
> :) I wonder if GeEkgiRL will be there again.

Heh, disclaimer: I didn't know that when coining the name, but
found out afterwards.

> Now for Behdad's utf8 problem:
> 1) checkout latest grep from cvs
> 2) apply this unified p1 patch I have attached
> 3) fetch latest pcre library
> 4) compile and install pcre library with utf8 support
> (see ./configure --help)
> 5) compile grep
> 6) test if things work fine

Done.  Points:

1) My old problem is resolved, as expected.

2) In your patch, you strstr for utf8 or UTF8.  In my Fedora
system, $LANG is en_US.UTF-8.  In this case the first condition
(nl_langinfo) triggers and no but is shown.

3) I see a very bad behavior from the CVS version.  I'm attaching
an script(1) output.  The best way to see what's going on, you
can open a terminal and cat the file.  Then scroll back to see
what I did.

> Bye,
> Claudio

Thanks again,

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]