[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: when options conflict

From: Tony Abou-Assaleh
Subject: Re: when options conflict
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 01:26:45 -0300 (ADT)

On Thu, 25 May 2006, Julian Foad wrote:
> Let us leave this matter until after we have released a version.  We have 
> fixed
> plenty of things already, and saying "There's just one more little thing we
> ought to fix before the release" is just going to distract us (repeatedly).  I
> am certain that we will want to release another version soon afterwards.

I'm with you that we shouldn't delay the release waiting for another bug
fix. However, since none of us are involved in the release process, we
might as well work on fixing more bugs. And the more we fix before the
release actually happens, the better it is.

Since many of us agree that we should have a release, and no one has
objected, how long shall we wait before Stepan starts responding again?
And what do we do if he doesn't? Is there a "GNU Manual* somewhere that
talks about these things?



Tony Abou-Assaleh
Lecturer, Computer Science Department
Brock University, St. Catharines, ON, Canada, L2S 3A1
Office: MC J215
Tel:    +1(905)688-5550 ext. 5243
Fax:    +1(905)688-3255
Email:  address@hidden
WWW:    http://www.cosc.brocku.ca/~taa/
----------------------[THE END]----------------------

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]