[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: gnumach crashing
R. Steven Rainwater
Re: gnumach crashing
Wed, 26 Sep 2007 13:02:20 -0500
On Wed, 2007-09-26 at 05:44, Thomas Schwinge wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 04:57:15PM -0500, R. Steven Rainwater wrote:
> > I hit my first problem with gnumach, following the instructions at the
> > gnumach/building page listed above. I was able to download the source
> > from CVS and build it on my GNU/Hurd box.
> How did you configure the build? Just a plain ``./configure''? You may
> want to add a ``--enable-kdb''.
I did a plain ./configure the first time.
Now I've rebuilt gnumach with --enable-kdb and got slightly different
results. Instead of a reboot, the sytem halts with a visible error
Starting MTA: Panic: zalloc: zone ipc ports exhausted
Kernel Breakpoint trap, eip 0x1179d7
Stopped at 0x1179d6: int $3
Next I rebooted on the working Debian gnumach and set the MTA not to
start. This time I got a similar crash message when inetd tried to
Hurd seems to be crashing at the point when anything that uses the
network starts up. Possibly because TCP/IP isn't working in my gnumach?
I've downloaded the Debian gnumach source package and noticed they have
at least one patch in there that might affect networking. Any
suggestions? I guess I could start applying the Debian patches
one-by-one until I find the one that fixes it?
> What happens if you add ``-S'' to the GRUB ``kernel [...]''
I hadn't tried that before but in single user mode, everything seems to
boot up with no problems. It only crashes in multiuser mode. That makes
sense with the new information above, since it's only crashing when the
network is accessed.
> Do you have `/etc/defaults/hurd' configured for the Hurd console to be
> started? If yes, then please remove that temporarily and retry.
Hmmm... if I disable the Hurd console, will I still be able to get to
some sort of a prompt where I can re-enable it later?
Updated HHG (was: Fwd: about GNU Hurd), olafBuddenhagen, 2007/09/20
- Re: HHG and newbie Hurd Hackers, (continued)
- NIC woes (was: HHG and newbie Hurd Hackers), olafBuddenhagen, 2007/09/20
- Re: NIC woes (was: HHG and newbie Hurd Hackers), R. Steven Rainwater, 2007/09/20
- Re: HHG and newbie Hurd Hackers, Thomas Schwinge, 2007/09/20
- Re: HHG and newbie Hurd Hackers, R. Steven Rainwater, 2007/09/25
- Re: HHG and newbie Hurd Hackers, Barry deFreese, 2007/09/25
- Re: HHG and newbie Hurd Hackers, Thomas Schwinge, 2007/09/26
- Re: gnumach crashing,
R. Steven Rainwater <=
- Re: gnumach crashing, pietro, 2007/09/26
- Re: gnumach crashing, Thomas Schwinge, 2007/09/27
- Re: gnumach crashing, R. Steven Rainwater, 2007/09/27