[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Wiki slowness
Re: Wiki slowness
Mon, 31 Mar 2008 18:38:37 +0200
On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 09:53:09AM +0100, Arne Babenhauserheide wrote:
> El Saturday, 15 de March de 2008 15:11:21 Carl Fredrik Hammar escribió:
> > Ikiwiki seems to recompile markdown to html after every change. If it
> > unnecessarily recompiles the *entire* wiki after each edit
It only compiles pages that have (a) been changed, (b) whose linkage
status has been changed (the ``Links:'' information at each page's
bottom) and (c) some cases I forgot.
> > or if git
> > is very io intensive, the slowness might be related to the problems in
> > diskfs. But still, it seems to excessive to be caused by this alone.
The Hurd wiki is distributed over two Hurd system. Please allow for some
delays in processing... ;-)
Also, the web server is -- given today's standards -- a rather low-end
system. Barry is working on getting some newer hardware in place.
If you need more speed, then use offline editing and ``git push &'' from
time to time.
> I just found out, that the committed stuff is avaible well before the edit
> page says, that the site was changed.
> Steps to reproduce:
> * Open a wiki page (window 1).
> * Edit it in a seperate window (window 2).
> * Save the edited text in the seperate window (window 2).
> * Reload the page in the original window from time to time (window 1).
> The changes will be shown in the wiki (window 1) after a few minutes, but the
> edit window (window 2) will still be loading for quite some time after that.
This is because the edit frame only ``returnes'' until all ikiwiki stuff
has been done. Which includes, e.g., updating the Recent Changes page,
which needs some time. But at that time the edited page indeed has been
rendered already, so it is already available for browsing at that time.
Description: Digital signature
- Re: GSoC application deadline passed, (continued)
- Re: GSoC application deadline passed, Carl Fredrik Hammar, 2008/03/14
- Wiki slowness, Samuel Thibault, 2008/03/14
- Re: Wiki slowness, Carl Fredrik Hammar, 2008/03/15
- Re: Wiki slowness, Arne Babenhauserheide, 2008/03/17
- Re: Wiki slowness,
Thomas Schwinge <=
- Re: Wiki slowness, olafBuddenhagen, 2008/03/18
- Re: Wiki slowness, Samuel Thibault, 2008/03/19
- Re: Wiki slowness, olafBuddenhagen, 2008/03/17
- Re: Wiki slowness, Thomas Schwinge, 2008/03/31
- Re: GSoC application deadline passed, Arne Babenhauserheide, 2008/03/14
- Re: GSoC application deadline passed, Michael Banck, 2008/03/14
- Developer Blog (was: GSoC application deadline passed), olafBuddenhagen, 2008/03/17
- Re: Developer Blog, pietro, 2008/03/17
- Re: Developer Blog, Arne Babenhauserheide, 2008/03/17
- Re: Developer Blog, Thomas Schwinge, 2008/03/17