[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 14:36 EST
In inetutils-1.3.2 from ftp.uu.net,
* There are conflicting types for `hstrerror':
syslogd/syslogd.c:1137 vs. ../include/config.h:588
syslogd declares (in-line) "extern char *hstrerror __P((int));"
but ../include/config.h declares it "const char *".
* There are conflicting types for `strerror':
talk/utility.c:373 vs. ../include/config.h:592
Same problem. utility.c's "char buf[BUFSIZ], *strerror ();"
conflicts with "const char *" in ../include/config.h.
I leave to you to decide whether to:
1) remove the in-line declarations entirely (both files do #include
<config.h> at the top), (the best choice if it works) or
2) change the in-line declarations, (works) or
3) change the declarations in include/config.h (seems inferior).
- declaration conflicts,
Winston Edmond <=