[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

AFM file problems

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: AFM file problems
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 17:34:32 +0200

I tracked down a problem Jérémie had found on his 
Windows installation, where the alignment of 
instrument names in the staff margin was completely
off. In the end, it boiled down to the following 

- The unit of length used in the Lilypond AFM interpreter
  and in the feta*.afm files differs from that used in the
  standard cmr*.afm files (which are included in the standard
  MiKTeX distribution, though not in the minimal distribution
  at ftp.lilypond.org). I thought we fixed this back in 1998
  or 1999 but either the problem has returned or we didn't
  get it right at that time.

- The soft link from /usr/share/texmf/ to MiKTeX set in 
  post-miktex.sh isn't really necessary, especially not
  now that we have a mktextfm wrapper script, since we
  set all necessary paths anyway. Removing the link solves
  Jérémie's problem since then Lilypond will find the 
  cm*.tfm files in lilypond/share/lilypond/tfm/ instead
  of the cm*.afm files in the MiKTeX file tree.

  I have always used the Windows Lilypond installation 
  together with a preinstalled MiKTeX, which means I've
  never had this soft link but haven't experienced any
  extra problems.


reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]