[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: configure bug?

From: Geoffrey Lassner
Subject: Re: configure bug?
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 21:42:14 -0600

> > > OK, then you clearly have font problems. Let's do some remote
> > > debuggin, starting with the most common problems.
> > > 
> > > - Did you build Lilypond yourself? If so, did configure
> > >   complain about missing kpathsea?
> > >   Did you read what INSTALL.txt says about the file 
> > >   lilypond-profile?
> > 
> > Yes I built lilypond myself (freebsd) it did not complain about missing
> > kpathsea.  Yes it did not seem to help.
> OK, but see below regarding the setting of TEXMF!
> > > -Does 'ly2dvi -P yourfile.ly' give a correct PS file with
> > >   note heads?
> > 
> > No it did not.
> > 
> > % ly2dvi -P char_rhy24.ly
> > kpsexpand: not found
> That's strange. If you have a normal installation of teTeX, 
> you should have the program kpsexpand installed. Actually, 
> kpsexpand is normally a soft link to the program kpsetool
> (which determines from argv[0] what to do). 
> > Running LilyPond...
> > ...
> > kpathsea: Running mktextfm  cmr8
> > /usr/local/share/texmf/web2c/mktexnam: Could not map source abbreviation fo
> r cmr8.
> Yet another indication that your teTeX installation is broken!
> What happens if you run
> tex testfont
> and specify font = cmr8, and type the test commands \table and
> \bye? The result should be a file testfont.dvi that you can
> view using xdvi.
> Please make sure that teTeX is correctly installed.
> > ...
> > > - How is the $TEXMF environment variable set?
> > 
> > % env | grep TEXMF
> > TEXMF=/usr/local/share/texmf
> > %
> This means that you didn't read what INSTALL.txt says
> about lilypond-profile, since it sets the $TEXMF variable
> differently.
>    /Mats


        I have rebuilt my system and I have got it working.
I had been using a TeX distribution from tug.org that was
not teTeX; it had been working up until somewhere in the
lilypond 1.4.x releases.  I had not heard of the teTeX
distribution of until recently.

I did attempt to use the lilypond-profile and did read
the INSTALL.txt but when that did not help I went back 
to what I knew had once worked.  I also had so many 
builds of lilypond on top of each other I was no longer 
really sure what I had, other than a mess of course.

Just in case you wanted to know here is what I used to get
it running.  I am running FreeBSD 4.6.2-Release; I 
installed the following software from the FreeBSD 
ports/packages collection:

bash-2.05a          The GNU Bourne Again Shell
bison-1.35_1        A parser generator from FSF, (mostly) compatible with Yacc
gettext-0.11.2      GNU gettext package
gmake-3.79.1_2      GNU version of 'make' utility
guile-1.4           GNU's Ubiquitous Intelligent Language for Extension
python-2.1.3        An interpreted object-oriented programming language
teTeX-1.0.7_1       Thomas Esser's distribution of TeX & friends

Then run these and you should be good:
ln -s /usr/local/bin/python2.1 /usr/local/bin/python
CPPFLAGS='-I/usr/local/include' LDFLAGS='-L/usr/local/lib' ./configure

Thanks again for your assistance.

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]