[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Shrinking brackets with Lilypond 1.6.8

From: Chris Sawer
Subject: Shrinking brackets with Lilypond 1.6.8
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 10:09:06 GMT
User-agent: Messenger-Pro/2.61 (MsgServe/2.02) (RISC-OS/4.02) POPstar/2.03

When LilyPond 1.6.8 was released I finally got round to downloading and
upgrading all the necessary software to produce Type1 versions of the
LilyPond fonts so that 'ly2dvi -p' produced PDF files which look nicer in
Acrobat Reader.

Everything seemed to work well, but when compiled up the same file using the
old and new methods for comparison, I noticed that the bracket at the
beginning of each line seems to shrink when you use the Type 1 fonts!

It happens with several different .ly files I've tried, and it makes no
difference whether I use the Type1 fonts I've generated or the ones
downloaded from lilypond.org

The problem is illustrated in the attached PNG files: vector.png shows the
start of the music using Type1 fonts, and bitmap.png shows the same section
using the bitmapped fonts.

The PDF files are available at:


and the .ly file is available at:


The effect is also visible in the LilyPond user manual (at the top of page
27, for example) downloadable from lilypond.org, so it is not confined to my



Chris Sawer   -   address@hidden   -   Mutopia team leader
Free sheet music for all at Mutopia:  http://www.MutopiaProject.org

Attachment: vector.png
Description: PNG image

Attachment: bitmap.png
Description: PNG image

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]