[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Thu, 2 Jun 2005 12:34:41 -0400 (EDT)
Attached are the source code and PNG output of a small example Lilypond
file illustrating several problems. This is for version 2.4.6; if some of
the problems have already been addressed in 2.5 please let me know.
The source is based pretty closely on the "Piano centered dynamics"
template from the Lilypond documentation. Here's a list of the things
that come out wrong:
1. In the first measure the dynamics "sfz" and "pp" for the first
two notes overlap.
2. The "sfz" and "pp" strings aren't aligned vertically. That is,
the baseline for the "sfz" is lower than the baseline for the
"pp". Is this a problem in the original font definition?
3. In the second measure the word "crescendo" overlaps with the
hairpin crescendo marking.
4. At the key change in the third measure a B-natural symbol is
printed followed immediately by a B-flat symbol. Printing
redundant symbols like that looks silly; there's no reason
to cancel the B-flat from the old key signature when the new
signature includes a B-flat.
5. At the start of the second line, the multimeasure rests look
strange. Why is the 21-bar rest so much shorter than the 20-bar
rest? I would expect it to be the same length.
6. In the second measure after the change to 2/2 time, the word
"Andante" spills out both before and after the measure. The
measure should expand so that the word can fit.
If there are simple solutions to any of these problems, I'd like to hear
Description: Text document
- Six problems,
Alan Stern <=