[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 16:22:13 +1000
The big news is full reiserfs support :)
But don't worry: it actually isn't a big change to the codebase.
It works like this:
* by default, parted will compile, linking against -ldl
* if you have -ldl, then by default, full reiserfs support will be
"potentially available", but only activated at RUN-TIME if
you have Yura's libreiserfs (from http://reiserfs.linux.kiev.ua)
* if libreiserfs isn't installed, then only probe/clobber are
* traditional "no -ldl link directly" is also supported.
Long term, I'd like all file systems supported like this.
I still need to play with bootdisks to see how well this will all fit
BTW: does anyone (Kent?) want to maintain "official" Parted bootdisk
images? I'd really love it with i18n (so, two floppies may be needed),
and a fairly full-featured kernel.
I know many non-english speakers don't use the current bootdisks
because they are scared of using parted in english. (Remember: parted
isn't a mail client ;)
* libparted/fs_reiserfs/reiserfs.c libparted/fs_reiserfs/reiserfs.h
basically rewrote. Now interfaces to Yura Umanets' libreiserfs
which can be found at: http://reiserfs.linux.kiev.ua/
This patch is mainly by Yura himself. It supplies a similar level
of support to that of current ext2 support. (resize-the-end, etc.)
Note: libreiserfs has not been widely tested yet. Use your own judgement.
* configure.in: added a "dynamic linking" option, enabled by default.
Components that support this feature will only be enabled if their
respective dependencies are available at *run-time*. Only reiserfs
supports this. (It has a *soft* dependency on libreiserfs)
* updated translations: fr.po gl.po
* debug/tests/test_fs_ext2 (test_mkpartfs): added test for creating 0
size file system. (Should succeed, by constraint solver finding closest
* libparted/disk_gpt.c (gpt_alloc): minor bug fix (forgot /512)
* (gpt_partition_new): forgot to initialize gpt_part_data->hp_service
* libparted/fs_ext2/ext2_mkfs.c (ext2_mkfs): complain if the fs is too small
* (_ext2_get_create_constraint): oops, the minimum size needs to be 64
* libparted/timer.c (ped_timer_update): need to cast to long, because the
language lawyers tell us it is necessary for ia64
* parted/parted.c (_timer_handler): moved fflush() and cleaned up a bit
* (_solution_check_distant): better heuristic
* (main): script mode now means "non-interactive mode". This might hurt
some people... please scream if it does!
* parted/ui.c (command_line_get_word): minor changes in semantics.
* (command_line_get_sector): use doubles, not long doubles. (yet-another
gcc bug work-around)
- Parted 1.6.0-pre10,
Andrew Clausen <=