|Subject:||Re: [bug-recutils] Python support|
|Date:||Wed, 10 Jul 2013 21:48:16 +0530|
- The recutils.c file will compile into a pythong module, isnt it? That
1) Please check the stubs file which contains some functions that
would be used in Python. I have begun writing functions to parse files
first. The function RecDb_loadfile() loads a rec file into the
database. Please let me know to what level the C functions need to be
exposed in Python.
is a shared object. Is that correct?
- Please follow the GNU coding standards for C code contributed for
recutils. This including formatting rules, naming, indentation, etc.
See www.gnu.org/prep/standards for details.
- I would prefer to use lower case letters and underscores for C
identifiers, even if the convention in Python/C seems to be different.
Mixed case is not a good idea in case-sensitive languages.
Look correct to me.
2) Please let me know if this approach is alright.
3) Shall I use pip for installation? Setup.py seems a bit messy, andCare to elaborate? What is pip and how does it differentiates to having
we can't uninstall easily.
a setup.py file?
Also, I would much prefer you to work in a branch in the official
recutils repo. In this way we can integrate the plugin in the recutils
source tree right from the beginning, substituting the preliminary work
I did in the recutils/python subdirectory.
You will need to create a savannah account first, and then request
membership to the 'recutils' project. Tell me when that is done so I
can add you to the project and create the branch.
|[Prev in Thread]||Current Thread||[Next in Thread]|