[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [Bug-wget] [PATCH] Fix possible issues running in a turkish locale

From: Ángel González
Subject: Re: [Bug-wget] [PATCH] Fix possible issues running in a turkish locale
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 00:12:08 +0100
User-agent: Thunderbird

On 18/11/14 17:12, Tim Ruehsen wrote:
I amended three tests to fail when run with turkish locale.
I fixed these issues (using c_strcasecmp/c_strncasecmp) and also replaced
strcasecmp/strncasecmp by c_strcasecmp/c_strncasecmp at places where we
definitely want a ASCII comparison instead of a locale dependent one.

There are still some places left where we use strcasecmp/strncasecmp, e.g.
domain/host and filename comparisons.

Please have a look...

I had pretty much coded the same thing when I realized that your patch was still unapplied.

I am attaching it here fwiw. I generally changed them on a few more places, although I think some of your edits to init.c are incorrect, as well as those on progress.c: as they are user-parameters, they _might_ be introduced in the user locale (they would misteriously fail when run under C locale in cron, though. I'm not so sure it should be supported). Notwithstanding with keeping parameters in user-locale case, I made the accepts list C-case. That's the most arguable one, but doesn't seem sensible to change the code to support that.


Attachment: 0001-Replace-strcasecmp-and-strncasecmp-with-c_strcasecmp.patch
Description: Text Data

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]