c-prog-book-questions

[C questions] excellence cyclical

From: Phil Hatcher
Subject: [C questions] excellence cyclical
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 17:15:27 -0500

A few swift steps landed her upon the pine needles.
It seems, if things keep on as they are, youll lose only me, observedLucy. How utterly she, too, was at the mercy of her imagination!
She had beenwalking and climbing every day, and felt that she was equal to agruelling task. The sunlight filtered through the foliage.
Its not me, but the woods an the beesan the work youre thinkin about. Certainly it was notdiscourtesy, for Edd was always thoughtful.
Denmeade would approve of some one else accompanying them.
Instead it flaredup, blazed, crackled, and roared. It would have to be a badplace and a long walk that would daunt Lucy this day.
Then his dark face beamed and his grey eyes shone with the piercing lightLucy found hard to face. It has been a lovely day, she said as she turned away. It seems, if things keep on as they are, youll lose only me, observedLucy. It would have to be a badplace and a long walk that would daunt Lucy this day.
This place madeLucys heart leap to her throat.
At last they surmounted the great timbered incline. Next he placed agoodly bit of honey on a stone close enough to the fire to make it smoke.
His position corresponded with the slant of the slope.
She had beenwalking and climbing every day, and felt that she was equal to agruelling task.
Fortunately Lucy recollected Eddswarning to have a care to turn the damper in the stove-pipe.
It ended in an open spot close to a treeLucy recognised. There was aregularity about their appearance. Wal, sometimes a bear smells the honey an comes along.
I burn it tomake a sweet, strong smell in the woods. At the same instant she sawsomething move, a white and brown object flashing low down. Joe came just this moment to tell me they were going home, repliedClara, looking up at Lucy.
Meekly she followedhim in and out of the clumps of brush toward the slope.
Edd knelt to one side and pointed at the bees.
The pines on that sidewere uniform in size, shape, and colour. Then having got the knack of following, she endeavoured to concentrateall her powers of vision.
Reckon because Ive caught an tamedqueen bees.
He had an iron last, upside down,over which he slipped one of her boots.
At the same instant she sawsomething move, a white and brown object flashing low down. The ruggedness ofnature, of storm and flood, of fight to survive, manifested itself allaround her.
All right, country boy, Im coming, she replied, with bravado. She could not seeanyone, which fact helped a little.
Fortunately Lucy recollected Eddswarning to have a care to turn the damper in the stove-pipe.