c-prog-book-questions

[C questions] surefire

From: Flossie Fleming
Subject: [C questions] surefire
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 22:02:55 -0400

Modernists thought him a sincere but impatientNationalist misled by British promises. Amongst otherqualities was its visibility. The Turkish soldiersbegan to complain of the pietists, who put relics before strategy. They returned to say that chance wasfighting against us. However, it was a perfect morning, with the sun hot on our backs, andthe wind fresh in our faces. The whole business of the movement seemed to be expressible only interms of death and life.
Feisal told him that he was come at an opportune moment.
Nextday was the last before the bridge-effort.
However, Jemal went on hoping, he being an obstinate and ruffianly man.
Afterwards there were more blankets, in which we slept lusciously. True there lurked always that Will uneasily waiting to burst out. There was a craving to be famous; and a horror of being known to likebeing known.
CHAPTER CIIAfter the peace-talk we could set again to clean work.
Yet infairness to the fighting Arabs, we could not close all avenues ofaccommodation with Turkey. Allenby had sent him acrossto give Feisal a warning message. The danger had seemed pressing inJuly, but was now nearly over. It was odd to see how diversely they rode.
Allenby had sent him acrossto give Feisal a warning message.
There seemed a certainty in degradation, a final safety. The men groaned in disappointment when they heard the change.