ccrtp-devel

[Ccrtp-devel] Re: Patches to compile CC++ 2 for Win32 with GCC using Min

From: David Sugar
Subject: [Ccrtp-devel] Re: Patches to compile CC++ 2 for Win32 with GCC using Mingw32
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 14:16:40 -0400

I think we should probably have an updated ccrtp release out soon...

Yes, a lot of people have been reworking libtool for cygwin and perhaps
ignoring mingw32 in the process...I happen to prefer mingw32 (cross compiled)
rather than the nativily hosted cygwin32 because I can build those target
binaries on a free system.  That being said, I think it is also useful and
helpful to have standard free software applications and open protocol
implementations available on all platforms.  In the end this will be
important for things like a gnu softphone project.

Out of curiosity, and somewhat related, can the debian hosted mingw32 binutils
link things in omf format (like "xxx.lib") files as well as the coff/elf
objects it already supports?  And can one generate omf ".lib" files out of
.a's, such as from the libccgnu2.a dll stub?

David