ccrtp-devel

[Ccrtp-devel] RTCP Control

From: Mario Mateos
Subject: [Ccrtp-devel] RTCP Control
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 14:14:42 +0000

Hi:
I'm lost with the use of RTCP. I'm trying to see the number of lost packets, the RTP Timestamp and the other items of a RTCP packet but i don't know how to do it. In my program I get SR packets in the receiver, but when I try to read the values, i think they're incorrect. I used a program based in audiotx.cpp and audiorx.cpp. I've tried to read the values using diferent ways, as it can be seen down, in the redefinition of onGotSR() function:

void onGotSR(SyncSource& source, SendReport& SR, uint8 blocks)
{
 RTPSession::onGotSR(source,SR,blocks);
 cout << "I got an SR RTCP report from "
      << hex << (int)source.getID() << "@"
      << dec
      << source.getNetworkAddress() << ":"
      << source.getControlTransportPort() << endl;
 RTCPSenderInfo SenInf(&(SR.sinfo));
 QueueRTCPManager::getMRSenderInfo(source);

 cout << "RTPTimestamp: " << dec << SenInf.getRTPTimestamp()<<endl;
        cout << "RTPTimestamp: " << dec << SR.sinfo.RTPTimestamp <<endl;
        cout << "Paquetes enviados: " << dec << SR.sinfo.packetCount <<endl;
        cout << "Paquetes enviados: " << dec << SenInf.getPacketCount() << endl;

        printf ("Fraction lost: %u\n", SR.blocks[0].rinfo.fractionLost);
        printf ("Jitter0: %u\n", SR.blocks[0].rinfo.jitter);
        RTCPReceiverInfo RecInf(&(SR.blocks[0].rinfo));
        printf ("Fraction lost: %u\n", RecInf.getFractionLost());
        printf ("CummulativePAcketLost: %u\n",
RecInf.getCumulativePacketLost());
        printf ("Jitter0: %u\n", RecInf.getJitter());

}

Accesing by a RTCPSenderInfo object, the values are always the same in all the packets, and using the other way, i think that values are incorrect. Anybody can help me?
Thanks