certi-devel

Re: [certi-dev] XML Support

From: Benoît Bréholée
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] XML Support
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 20:13:02 +0100

On 13/12/2011 17:33, Jan-Patrick Osterloh wrote:
> what does it mean, when the RTIG says "Compiled without XML support"
> (Windows XP, mingw compilation).

It means that libxml2 was not found at compile time, so this RTIG cannot
read XML-based FOM files. It can only read HLA 1.3 fed files.

> The interesting point is, that the same
> executable works on my computer perfectly. Is it maybe a missing DLL?

I'm not sure about the Windows port, but I think the libxml2 DLL is not
even considered, since libxml2 was missing at compile time.

It looks like the RTIG didn't find a .fed file for the federation; but
it found a .xml file (there wouldn't be this message otherwise). Since
XML support is not compiled in, this .xml file cannot be used.

Regards,
--
Benoît Bréholée