certi-devel

[certi-dev] NPMA

From: Roth, Christoph (ITIV)
Subject: [certi-dev] NPMA
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 08:47:31 +0100

Hi,

I just had a look into the paper “Design and modeling techniques for real-time RTI time management” and was wondering if the NPMA can be denoted as either synchronous or a asynchronous algorithm.

As far as I understood, the NMA is asynchronous since no global barriers are generated and a federate is allowed to advance as soon as it is able to calculate a local LBTS.

In case of the NPMA you say, you do not have to look for an appropriate instant to start a wave/reduction. So, I assume the NPMA is also an asynchronous algorithm that additionally  exploits global information?

Thanks and regards

Christoph