certi-devel

Re: [certi-dev] ?==?utf-8?q? Re:?==?utf-8?q? Questions about SHM-CERTI

From: CHAUDRON Jean-baptiste
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] ?==?utf-8?q? Re:?==?utf-8?q? Questions about SHM-CERTI
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2020 09:09:18 +0100

Hello,

May I ask what is/are your goal(s) using SHM? For example, if you are looking for performance, there are many other (simple) tunnings that can be used with CERTI. Which type of distributed simulation are you intending to build?

If you only replace the TCP socket, it means that you are replacing the communication socket between the RTIAs processes and the RTIG central process, these are the most simple sockets to replace in CERTI (because of their simple behavior) and it is indeed a good start. Then you will need to replace the sockets between the Federate processes and their RTIAs and this is might be more difficult because the exchange from the RTIA to the Federate depends on the usage of different evokecallbacks() services and a simple shared memory segment might not be enough. Here you might have to use some ring buffers (which are already available in CERTI source code).

Best regards,
Jean-Baptiste