chicken-announce

[Chicken-announce] [ANN] CHICKEN 4.9.0.1 has been released [was: Re: [AN

From: Peter Bex
Subject: [Chicken-announce] [ANN] CHICKEN 4.9.0.1 has been released [was: Re: [ANN] CHICKEN 4.9.0 has been released]
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2014 16:06:51 +0200

On Mon, Jun 02, 2014 at 05:35:01PM +0200, Peter Bex wrote:
> Dear CHICKEN users,
>
> We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of CHICKEN 4.9.0
> at the following URL:
> http://code.call-cc.org/releases/4.9.0/chicken-4.9.0.tar.gz

Dear CHICKEN users,

It has been pointed out that 4.9.0 self-identifies as 4.8.0 due to
C_MINOR_VERSION being defined as 8.  This also results in the feature
chicken-4.8 being defined, which will break any egg or program
attempting to detect the version of CHICKEN it is running under.

As a result, we've decided to immediately release CHICKEN 4.9.0.1,
as the first stability release.  The only change here is the update
of the minor version, and an added regression test for this problem.
If you're already running 4.9.0, we highly recommend updating to 4.9.0.1
as it will prevent problems with eggs in the future.

The tarball is available in the usual location:
http://code.call-cc.org/releases/4.9.0.1/chicken-4.9.0.1.tar.gz
and so is the NEWS file:
http://code.call-cc.org/releases/4.9.0/NEWS-4.9.0.1

Kind regards,