chicken-hackers

Re: [Chicken-hackers] Bugs in C5 eggs with C5 pre4

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] Bugs in C5 eggs with C5 pre4
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2017 20:25:36 +0100

On Fri, Dec 15, 2017 at 06:35:28PM +0100, Jörg F. Wittenberger wrote:
> Just tried.
>
> SRFI-13
>
> chicken-install srfi-13

Hi Joerg,

Thanks for your interest in being an early adopter of CHICKEN 5!
Things are not quite there yet, as you've seen already.  Most of
the issues you report are known already.  Please bear with us
until we've fixed these issues.

I think the published eggs in Henrietta are lagging behind, and we're
not pushing new egg releases because officially nobody should be using
CHICKEN 5 in production yet.

If you want to install eggs, try the TEMPORARY(!!!) egg repo:
git clone git://code.call-cc.org/chicken-core.git

This contains the fixed eggs.  You'll have to install them by starting
at the leaf packages, working your way up (that's a bit of a pain,
I know).

We'll start tagging releases of real eggs when our API (module layout)
has stabilized.  Quite likely that may be until we have a first release
candidate.

Cheers,
Peter