chicken-meisters

Re: [Chicken-meisters] Restart of apache required

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-meisters] Restart of apache required
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 19:05:55 +0200

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 12:44:20PM -0400, Mario Domenech Goulart wrote:
> It still is a mistery why the spiffy instance at parenteses.org DOESN'T
> hang (chicken 4.5.0, though).  I've never seen it hang and sometimes it
> runs for months without being restarted.

It doesn't hang on my humble home server either, but that's a 64-bit box.
I assumed that it was the architecture that was the reason it worked, but
I now just noticed it's running 4.4.0 (yes, shame on me for running
crusty old software) so maybe that's it.

What hardware is parenteses.org running on?

We should really upgrade Chicken and see if it starts exhibiting
the same problem.  If so, we'll know it went wrong somewhere between
4.4.0 (or more likely 4.5.0) and 4.6.0

Cheers,
Peter
--