Re: [Chicken-users] Things I forgot [Was: the future of Chicken]

From: Perry E. Metzger
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Things I forgot [Was: the future of Chicken]
Date: 09 Aug 2002 16:45:57 -0400

Peter Keller <address@hidden> writes:
> Yeah, I don't know what felix wants either. What I do know, is it is ok
> if I give my code out as LGPL here and it doesn't affect people using
> my libraries. To me, that is satisfactory.

It does actually have some impact -- you have to give out the library
sources.

> I *want* people to have the
> source to the stuff I give out. Also, under linux, you link against
> glibc right? Same problem but noone seems to care there. :)

I don't use Linux. :)

More seriously, though, there aren't other libraries that provide the
GMP bindings so you're stuck using GMP if that's the interface being used.

There are embedded apps where it is a pain in the neck (ignoring all
else) to deal with source delivery requirements.

However, might I suggest that a license flame war really isn't in
order here anyway.

--
Perry E. Metzger                address@hidden