Re: [Chicken-users] ideas

From: Perry E. Metzger
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] ideas
Date: 13 Aug 2002 17:20:45 -0400

Peter Keller <address@hidden> writes:
> > Perhaps a wiki? (Or should it be a "Chicki").
>
> What about cvs? We could just stick the pages to be updated into cvs, and set
> up a cron job on www.call-with-current-continuation.org to cvs update it
> every 10 minutes or something. Then, we just make the changes to the tables
> that say what the "ongoing projects", "requests for implementation", and
> "known uses" are and they'll get updated in 10 minutes.
>
> You could use modules in the current repository to set it up for the web
> pages.

Not a bad idea, but the purpose of a Wiki is very different -- it
allows people who don't have access to your cvs server to contribute
ideas, help, and documentation.

> Yeah, the lack of documentation for the FFI is a hardship. Dealing with
> non-GC allocated memory is hairy without good documentation. The manual
> definitely needs a real example of the FFI.
>
> What questions do you have? I've been messing around heavily with the FFI
> for weeks now so I might be able to help out.

I'll ask some here as I get a better idea of what it is that I don't
understand. :)

--
Perry E. Metzger                address@hidden