[Chicken-users] Iteration protocol for symbol-table

From: Tony Garnock-Jones
Subject: [Chicken-users] Iteration protocol for symbol-table
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 01:30:41 +1200

Hi... I want to implement completion for the readline interface :-) and
for that I thought the most natural thing (which is also very easy to
implement) would be to complete symbols-with-global-bindings. For that
I'd need a way of iterating over the entire symbol table.

What would be the best way of going about this?

Do other schemes allow access to the symbol table in this manner?

How have they chosen to do it?

Does it matter if, say, (symbol-table->list) wasn't guaranteed to cover
the entire symbol table (because it might change in the middle of
building the list) or avoid duplicates (because the table might be
resized in the middle of building the list)?

Tony

--
"How's my programming? 1-800-DEV-NULL"