[Chicken-users] Manual update

From: Peter Keller
Subject: [Chicken-users] Manual update
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 01:10:45 -0500

Hello,

I've finished my first pass at making the manual fully LaTeX. The html has
now all been removed, and I've fixed up the upside down question marks.
Also, I've formatted almost all of the manual.tex file to 80 columns
and please respect that when modifying the manual.

I have not yet added the latex2html pass since I needed to do this
cleaning before that step could happen. However, you can make postscript
files with it right now. After html will come pdf and ascii(courtesy
of lynx --dump). I'm pretty close to doing the html generation.

There are a bunch of problems still with the manual, like some boxes
and verbatim text goes off the right margin and the tinyclos part of the
manual is in disarray, but I'll deal with all of that as I come to it. I
want to get the html generation stuff done so the tex file becomes the
place to add new information and not the html file.

If anyone has any questions about the LaTeX in the manual, I can probably
answer most of them.

-pete