Re: [Chicken-users] CVS update]

From: Peter Keller
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] CVS update]
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 09:20:35 -0500

This looks like it was supposed to go to the list:

----- Forwarded message from Felix <address@hidden> -----

Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 09:29:22 +0200
From: Felix <address@hidden>
To: Peter Keller <address@hidden>

Peter Keller wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 03, 2002 at 08:56:11AM +0200, Felix wrote:
>
>>Dammit. It should be
>>
>>(format #f "echo '\"~A\"' >> ~A" ...)
>>
>>(in file `chicken-setup')
>>
>>The warnings probably come from running chicken-setup a second time
>>(after the initial - build-controled - run).
>>

>>>[ ... ]
>>>
>>>So apparently, I now have a skewed version of chicken installed on my
>>>machine.
>>>Some parts are the last time you updated, some parts are this time. Things
>>>still seem to work, so I don't mind quite yet.
>>
>>It should work ok. Sorry for the hassle - I will fix this ASAP.
>

> I updated the sources, saw you had fixed it, 'make clean ; touch *.scm'
> and it still failed with the same error. So, I manually made sure
> chicken-setup was remade with the correct source, and it still failed
> with the same error.

I have no idea. Perhaps the script is screwed up at installation time?
Tony: you did some 'sed'-magic to fix string-delimiters. Can this be
related?

(The next version of `chicken-setup' will be a regular binary - so this
shouldn't happen anymore)

----- End forwarded message -----