Re: [Chicken-users] Slib and win32 networking support?

From: felix
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Slib and win32 networking support?
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 20:48:10 +0100

Mark Brady wrote:
Hello, Does Chicken support Slib and also has anybody created a win32 networking library (basic TCP/IP sockets, etc.)?

Hi!

Chicken does indeed support SLIB, but only interpreted.
Of course nothing prevents one of compiling selective modules
of SLIB into library units, but I haven't yet digged
enough in the SLIB code to find the proper way of making this
work with `require'. But I see no problem with using SLIB in general.

If you need help using any specific part of SLIB, just ask.

There exist two socket-libraries for Chicken, one very nice one
by Tony Garnock-Jones, see:

http://homepages.kcbbs.gen.nz/~tonyg/chicken/

Another one (not quite as powerful, though) can be found here:

http://www.call-with-current-continuation.org/tcpudp.scm

Both or only tested under UNIX. I'm not very good in Win32
networking stuff, the few attempts at doing basic socket
programming under Windows didn't really work out that well... ;-)

But I can give it another try, if you like. Even better would
be some Win32-socket-savvy person helping me out a little!