Re: [Chicken-users] RE: Win32/cygwin dynamic loading

From: felix
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] RE: Win32/cygwin dynamic loading
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 22:01:40 +0100

Jonah Beckford wrote:
I took your comment about solution #2 into mind ... I don't need to pass
in the toplevel pointer.  I did need to split up libchicken into two
libraries though (a static library that has defns that must be
statically linked [CHICKEN_initialize/run/invoke, main/WinMain/DLLMain
and global data], and a runtime library for everything else).

Sounds reasonable. But we still have the option of generating
`main' entry-points into compiled code. Yet, the method youu
describe seems better.

Also, my 'better' solution to #3 is basically to resolve the
C_<unit>_toplevel at runtime instead of link time.  Circular
dependencies should be fine using the new method; no need to touch the
srfi-37 unit :)

Too late. I removed the serialization stuff from the lolevel unit
and srfi-37 does the option-parsing by hand (which is more efficient
enyway).

I'm checking in the changes just at this moment...

Also, I was using a Win32 dload_2 stub that called
LoadLibrary/GetProcAddress.  This works on all Win32 platforms ...
Cygwin does have a dlopen/dlsym, but it is just a tiny wrapper around
LoadLibrary.

Yup.

It's mostly finished ... I will tar.gz it up and make it available for
testing in a day or two.

Great!