Re: [Chicken-users] ANN.: The best Chicken ever! (1.0)

From: Joerg F. Wittenberger
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] ANN.: The best Chicken ever! (1.0)
Date: 24 Mar 2003 11:48:11 +0100

felix <address@hidden> writes:

> The CHICKEN Scheme-to-C compiler, Version 1, Build 0 is now
> available at <http://www.call-with-current-continuation.org/chicken.html>.

Great.  Congratulations and thanks to Felix and all for a nice Scheme
compiler!

> The current development version can be accessed via anonymous CVS, like this:

Did anybody try to update from cvs recently?

I fetched the current version from the web, build chicken in /tmp
under Debian and tried to compile the "cvs up -d ; ./autocvs" result.
It stopped like this:

gcc -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -DHAVE_ALLOCA_H -fstrict-aliasing -o .libs/chicken
chicken.o support.o compiler.o optimizer.o c-platform.o c-backend.o
batch-driver.o  ./.libs/libchicken.so ./.libs/libstuffed-chicken.so
./.libs/libsrfi-chicken.so
/home/jerry/build/Scheme/chicken/chicken/.libs/libchicken.so -ldl -lm
-Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib
chicken.o: In function `f2021':
chicken.o(.text+0xf965): undefined reference to `C_extras_toplevel'
chicken.o: In function `f2027':
chicken.o(.text+0xfa25): undefined reference to `C_match_support_toplevel'
./.libs/libstuffed-chicken.so: undefined reference to `C_regex_toplevel'
./.libs/libstuffed-chicken.so: undefined reference to `C_script_utils_toplevel'

Therefore I removed my chicken directory and tried a clean check out
as documented:

>    cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/chicken login
>    cvs -z3 -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/chicken co chicken

Builds with the same result as above.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

/Jörg

--
The worst of harm may often result from the best of intentions.