[Chicken-users] help please

From: Linh Dang
Subject: [Chicken-users] help please
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 15:31:44 -0400

Hi

I'm a newbie trying to learning scheme/chicken. I have a perl script
that I try to rewrite in scheme. the problem is the perl version took
5 secs to run while the compiled (with -benchmark-mode option) scheme
version took 6 min to run. -profile doesn't help because most of the
work is done in a single function.

Anyone has subjective opinion on the efficiency of

        - (read-lines)
        - (string-match)
        - hash tables

Thanx