Re: [Chicken-users] Installing eggs on Windows.

From: Felix Winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Installing eggs on Windows.
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 09:38:07 +0200

Linh Dang wrote:

I could not find a way to cleanly merge REGISTRY entries. I want to
run `chicken-setup -build' at step b and `chicken-setup -install' at
step c but it didn't work.

You would have to do it by hand, it's actually pretty simple.
The REGISTRY file only contains pathnames of .setup specifications.

I ended up packaging all the eggs as if they're under
/var/lib/chicken-eggs and then run the `chicken-setup -install' in the
postins script. this is ugly and the files under /usr/lib/chicken
produced by postins script are NOT registered with the system package
database.

I will add an option to chicken-setup for specifying an alternative registry
location.

Is there a way to merge REGISTRY's entries? Or is there a way to
chicken-setup to build a REGISTRY based on what's installed under
/usr/lib/chicken?

See above. I'll take a look at this some more in the next days.