Re: [Chicken-users] 'bb' egg and event handlers

From: Felix Winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] 'bb' egg and event handlers
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 10:16:59 +0200

Sergey Khorev wrote:
The 'bb' egg doesn't have ability to define event handlers
(Fl_Widget::handle method). Maybe this has the performance or
simplicity reasons.
But I needed it. Maybe this will be useful for others too. The patches
for sources and documentation are attached.

Wow! Many thanks, Sergey. I'll fix the eggs in the next days.

BTW, I'd be really interested how (and if) people like bb.
It started out has a quick hack, but appears to work relatively
well. I don't use it too often (my main time being eaten up
with maintenance work and compiler/build fixes). The heavy dependence
on SRFI-17 might be something many people will find inelegant,
but it turned out to keep the API small. So, any feedback and suggestions
are welcome.