[Chicken-users] finalizers

From: John Lenz
Subject: [Chicken-users] finalizers
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 20:56:47 +0000

I am working on making SWIG support finalizers (I committed some code into CVS today, but it is still in the testing phase).

I think I have found a problem. (I am using 1.92). I was able to reproduce it with the attached test case. Inside finalizer.scm, if that (gc #t) line is commented out we get the expected behavior, both objects print out a finalizer line. If I uncomment that collection between setting the two to null, the finalizer for the second object is never called. It seems to me like when looking on the finalizer list, the finalizer for the second object is getting dropped or something.

John