[Chicken-users] News

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: [Chicken-users] News
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 22:01:30 +0100

Hi, folks.

- I added the srfi-57 fix that Dale suggested (btw the LOOP extension
  had the same problem. I must admit that I use loop more and more -
  I'm fed up with `do' or mapping over a list generated via `iota'...)

- Also apllied Henrik's OS X patch, if someone could give it a try,
  I'd be very grateful

- new eggs:

  xosd (XOSD on-screen display)
  xmi (libxmi 2d rasterization library)
  tagged-begin (Jens Axel Soegaards Scheme version of tagbody - no more
    goto-less programming! ;-)

  xmi + xosd need at least chicken version 1.931 to compile (note the slight
  version-numbering change)

- chicken (darcs repository):
  * file-opening/deletion/renaming uses strerror(3) (as suggested by Alejandro)
  * easyffi:
     ___pointer type qualifier
     opaque pseudo declaration
     ___byte_vector pseudo type
     ___length(X) argument marker - very handy
     default_renaming declaration
  * the compiler now does "real" inlining of simple procedures (-inline and
    -inline-limit options/declarations). Surprisingly this
    doesn't really improve performance - the de-cpsification of simple
procedures
    ("direct call optimization") appears to be fast enough...
  * Marc Feeley's alternative continuation API
(continuation-capture/-graft/-return)
    is now natively supported. It's slightly more space-efficient and
might be more
    intuitive in certain situations
  * various fixes