Re: [Chicken-users] udp.scm

From: Thomas Chust
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] udp.scm
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2005 16:30:39 +0200

Daishi Kato <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm very new to the scheme and CHICKEN,
> and trying to use udp.scm.
>
> The example code just gives me:
>
> 8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------
>
> Version 1, Build 63 - linux-unix-gnu-x86
> (c)2000-2004 Felix L. Winkelmann
> #;> (require 'udp)
> #;> (define s (udp-open-socket))
> #;> (udp-bind! s #f 0)
> #;> (udp-connect! s "localhost" 13)
> #;> (udp-send s "\n")
> 1
> #;> (receive (n data from-host from-port) (udp-recvfrom s 64) (print* n "
> bytes from " from-host ":" from-port ": " data))
> Error: recvfrom
>
> 8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------
> [...]

Hello,

on my Linux box (kernel 2.4.27) I can reproduce the same
behaviour. Investigating a little further and experimenting with UDP
servers / clients written in C and Scheme I also found that apparently
udp-send and udp-sendto never transmit any data!

I was not able though to locate any obvious bug in the code of the
egg. I just suspect that the problem has got something to do with
nonblocking operation of a packet socket.

cu,
Thomas Chust