Re: [Chicken-users] patch: fixing byteorder in udp.scm

From: Daishi Kato
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] patch: fixing byteorder in udp.scm
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 09:27:38 +0900

At Sun, 3 Apr 2005 17:19:50 +0200,
Tim Lorenz wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> the code in the UDP-Egg aplies the byteorder transformation twice.
>
> The following simple patch should fix this, so that htons gets only
> used in the ##net#gethostaddr function instead of passing an already
> converted argument.
>
> Gruss
>   Tim

The patch works fine. Thanks a lot, Tim.

There is another problem for me, that is,
the non-blocking recvfrom fails like the following.

Is anything wrong with my environment?

Daishi

8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------

Version 1, Build 63 - linux-unix-gnu-x86
(c)2000-2004 Felix L. Winkelmann
#;> (require 'udp)
#;> (define s (udp-open-socket*))
#;> (udp-sendto s "localhost" 13 "\n")
1
#;> (udp-recvfrom s 64)
26
"Mon Apr  4 09:21:00 2005\r\n"
"127.0.0.1"
13
#;> (udp-recvfrom s 64)
Error: call of non-procedure: #<unprintable object>
#;>