[Chicken-users] Help with problem involving GC mixing C/Scheme

From: Alejandro Forero Cuervo
Subject: [Chicken-users] Help with problem involving GC mixing C/Scheme
Date: Sat, 7 May 2005 13:19:34 -0500

Hello.

Some of my code that involved calling Scheme code from C recently
started crashing (probably because the input it handles grew
significantly).  After investigation, I managed to isolate the error;
the following program reproduces it:

;--- begin ---

(use format)

(define-external (funccall (scheme-object func)) void (func))

(define run
  (foreign-callback-lambda* void ((long n) (scheme-object func))
    "while (n--) funccall(func);"))

(run 1000000 (lambda () format #t "~%"))

;--- end ---

When I use Chicken 1.935 to build this program and run it, I get:

> Error: call of non-procedure: error in error

Interestingly, if I (set-gc-report! #t), a garbage collection is shown
right before the error.

Could anybody please point out what am I doing wrong?  Or is this a
problem in Chicken?

Thanks!

Alejo.
http://bachue.com/alejo

---=(  Comunidad de Usuarios de Software Libre en Colombia  )=---
---=(  http://bachue.com/colibri )=--=( address@hidden  )=---