[Chicken-users] HP-UX patch

From: Zbigniew
Subject: [Chicken-users] HP-UX patch
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 19:48:43 -0500

http://jiyu.gnook.org/~zbigniew/patches/chicken-1.935-hpux-sl-so.patch

This patch enables compilation on HP-UX (tested on 11i).  It removes
the -R flag to the linker (which HP does not support) and changes the
shared library extension to ".sl" to match what is generated by
libtool.  I did not change the module extension to ".sl" but left it
at ".so" because many extensions depend on that.  Of course, you must
still use gcc to compile.

I attempted to scrape the extension from configure (specifically
libtool) and provide it to Chicken, but it was too hairy for now.  So,
this just adds a special case to the one for OS X and Windows.

After applying the patch I recompiled on both x86 and OS X and both
continue to work correctly.