[Chicken-users] Meroon superclasses

From: Ash
Subject: [Chicken-users] Meroon superclasses
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 15:20:10 -0500

Hi,

I've been playing around with the meroon egg, comparing it to tinyclos.
With tinyclos, I can define a superclass in a one file (or even a static
library), then subclass from it in another file, as long as
both files are linked into the program.

With meroon, the superclass definition must be available at
compile-time.  So, two questions:

If I have a superclass defined in one file, what's the preferred way to
make its definition available in another file at compile-time?  I can
(include ...) the file, but I'm not sure that makes sense.  What if I
need the superclass definition in several files?

On a related note, I have a library that contains several superclasses,
defined in several different files.  If I build this library as a shared
object, I can use (require-for-syntax ...) to pull in the superclass
definitions to any file that subclasses them in a program that uses
the library.  If I build the library statically, I can't do this.  Is
there any way to make superclass definitions from a static library
available?

Thanks,

Ashley