[Chicken-users] How to instantiate a Meroon object by class name.

From: Ed Watkeys
Subject: [Chicken-users] How to instantiate a Meroon object by class name.
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 10:28:44 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I'm writing a program where I'd like to instantiate a Meroon object by
class name. Based on what I know about Meroon, it seems like the easiest
way is to to something like this:

(define (instantiate-object-by-class-name name)
  (let ((make-instance
         (eval (string->symbol
                (string-append
                 "make-"
                 (symbol->string name))))))
    (make-instance)))

BUT make-instance requires that all fields be initialized, so this proc
will only work with class with no fields. What I'd really like is a way to
use the instantiate macro but specify a computed class name. A little
macro magic could take care of that problem, but is there a better (more
Meroonic?) way to do what I'm looking for?

Regards,
Ed

--
Transmogrify, LLC * <http://xmog.com>