Re: [Chicken-users] A few questions...

From: Ashley Bone
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] A few questions...
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 02:28:55 -0500

felix winkelmann wrote:

Hello, all!

Q1: should `signum' be exactness-preserving? (i.e. should inexactness
 be contagious)
Probably so.  Not a big deal to me either way.

Q3: What are you missing most desperately from Chicken, or better:
 if there is one thing that you really want it to have, what would that be?
Chicken seems to do almost everything I need right now, so only a
couple of minor things come to mind.  Is there a built-in way now
to get the filename and line-number at compile time?  I see
get-line-number in the manual, but I don't think that can give me
the current line number.  I'd like to have that info so my test-
infrastructure can format emacs-style error messages.

It would also be great if eggs could be built statically w/o any
modification.  I have a client now who's kind of insane on the
subject of shared libraries, so build everything statically is
a necessity.  It's not a big deal, though - the eggs I'm using
have been fairly easy to massage into static libraries.

ashley