[Chicken-users] how to use extensions in csi

From: Thomas Rowe
Subject: [Chicken-users] how to use extensions in csi
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 00:30:14 -0500

Please let me know if this sort of low level question is inappropriate for
this list.

I cannot seem to load extensions in the interpreter.  I have installed from
source.

$ pwd
/tmp/chicken-2.0
$ ./configure && make && make install
$ csi
#;1> (use srfi-1)
Error: (load-library) unable to load library
srfi-1
"libchicken.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"
#;1> (require 'srfi-1)
#;2> filter
Error: unbound variable: filter

What is going on?  How am I supposed to load extensions?  Did I install
incorrectly?  I'm using gcc version 3.3.5.  I compiled with no flags.

Thanks,
TJR