[Chicken-users] mailing list trouble

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 14:47:09 -0700

Shawn Rutledge wrote:

On 9/25/05, Brandon J. Van Every <address@hidden> wrote:
[apologies if this is a repost.  I've tried to send this 2 times now and
am still not seeing it.  Black hole?]

It appears that gmail doesn't show messages in your inbox which you
sent to a list.  I guess they figure it's enough that it's in your
Sent Mail folder.
Gmail has that behavior? FYI, I don't use Gmail via the web. I use SMTP and POP with Mozilla Thunderbird. You have to use SSL; otherwise it's very simple, smtp.gmail.com and pop.gmail.com. I don't think Google advertizes this capability. Anyways, I do not see the behavior you describe on [Mingw-users], or any other mailing list I'm subscribed to. So I am more inclined to think it's the [chicken-users] mailing list settings. I tried flipping some things on/off and we'll see if I can see this e-mail of mine.

Cheers,
Brandon J. Van Every
   (cruise (director (of SeaFunc)
           '(Seattle Functional Programmers)))