Re: [Chicken-users] libcurl?

From: Thomas Chust
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] libcurl?
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 15:17:41 -0000

Am 04.10.2005, 13:42 Uhr, schrieb Thomas Chust <address@hidden>:

[...]
I will have to duplicate a whole bunch of code from CHICKEN's tcp unit, though. It's just a matter of copy and paste, but my question to Felix is, whether it wouldn't perhaps make sense to export all the ##net#... bindings from that unit, so that I could use them?
[...]

Hmmm, maybe it's more clever to let the tcp unit do the low-level work and then just unwrap the returned data types into descriptors again, which will be passed to OpenSSL. The overhead introduced is only once per connect/accept, so it may be acceptable.