Re: [Chicken-users] Async IO (was Re: libcurl?)

From: Ed Watkeys
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Async IO (was Re: libcurl?)
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 15:44:25 -0400

Hi,

Let me go out on a limb and say this: shared global data and
concurrency go together like water and sodium. Message passing
approaches have high debuggability and are relatively easy to reason
about.

I'm trying to contain my excitement about Termite, because as far as
I'm concerned it's vaporware until I can grab a tarball and play with
it. And, while I am a big fan of functional programming, the lack of
mutation seems like a big price to pay. Oh, and yet _another_ Scheme
is not a reason to rejoice.

Ed

--
Transmogrify, LLC * <http://xmog.com/>