Re: [Chicken-users] CMake testing

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] CMake testing
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 21:33:28 -0700

Patrick Brannan wrote:

If you have the free c++ environment set up as described in vctk-install.txt then you should be able to run CMake after generating a command prompt with the batch file above. Of course if you don't have things where they are expected things will probably not work too well.

Once I installed the Platform SDK, I was able to do 'cmake -G "NMake Makefiles"' without problem. However, I did have to delete the cmakecache.txt from an old run, from when things weren't working. This is a minor gotcha that may be worth noting in the instructions. Otherwise you can get errors about various tools missing their paths and etc.

I have never run cmakesetup.exe, it does not appear to be necessary for anything so far. I have yet to actually try to build Chicken from the generated makefiles. Still busy with signature gathering, but it was drizzling today so I took a stab at Chicken problems.

So in summary: if you have VC++ 7.1 full licensed version correctly installed, *or* if you have the VC++ Toolkit and the Platform SDK correctly installed, then cmake should generate makefiles without problem.

Cheers,
Brandon J. Van Every
   (cruise (director (of SeaFunc)
           '(Seattle Functional Programmers)))