[Chicken-users] Extensions and my scons-chicken.

From: Pupeno
Subject: [Chicken-users] Extensions and my scons-chicken.
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 15:06:54 -0300

Hello,
I am trying to make my scons-chicken[1] handle Chicken exceptions graciously.
I have already written a procedure to generate the .setup files (not very
automatic though).
I am trying to compile a program (sc-ofp on the examples directory of
scons-chicken) which uses one library/extension (sc-ofl on the examples
directory). It didn't compile due to missing symbols. So I
added /usr/local/lib/chicken/sc-ofl.so to the linking command (by hand) and
it linked and worked. Great!
Now, to not do it by hand:

Should I scan all the sources to find (declare (uses <extname>)) and then look
for the /usr/local/lib/chicken/<extname>.setup, extract all the filenames
from the file list and link against them all ?

That doesn't sound trivial, particularly if I have to do it from Python
scripts (I'd probably make some programs to help me). Any ideas or hints ?

Thank you.
--
Pupeno <address@hidden> (http://pupeno.com)

[1] scons-chicken: https://pupeno.com/software/scons-chicken