[Chicken-users] Win32 maintainer needed

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: [Chicken-users] Win32 maintainer needed
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2006 23:33:56 +0100

Fellow Schemers and Chicken users:

It turns out that I'm not able to cope with maintaining the Windows
build of Chicken any longer. Since I'm working in a Linux-based
company and since I don't have any suitable platform for testing
Windows things myself, I feel that I can't decently keep up with
the various issues that appear when maintaining a software
project once it has reached that certain state, when build- and
porting issues become more frequent than compiler- and language
development.

Windows is a highly suitable platform for Chicken and it would be
a shame if we can't keep the Windows-build in decent shape, just
because the main-implementor is such a lazy bum!

Would someone be willing to help with this? Effectively, this would
mean trying out various build scenarios (mingw32, cygwin, msvc) and
building and providing win32 binaries.

Minimal pay (none), lots of extra work and the outlook of becoming
a major expert in Windows compiler and linker issues guaranteed! :-)

Hello?

Anybody there?

Pleaaaasssseeee......