Re: [Chicken-users] Windows build status

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Windows build status
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 03:53:57 -0800

Brandon J. Van Every wrote:

In a burst of energy yesterday, I got a "how to build with CMake" document mostly done. But it is not quite finished, because I used the MinGW 5.0.0 downloader / installer for my MinGW installation, and using that, chicken.exe turns into complete buggy crap. I think MinGW 5.0.0 is a bad compiler setup.
I didn't have any better luck with the GCC 3.4.5 [Candidate] versions. Oddly, there are no compilers listed as [Current] versions on mingw.org. Meanwhile, I can't seem to access sourceforge.net right now to look for older versions. Maybe it's Sprint's fault, my internet connection seems to be awfully unreliable late at night. Or maybe everyone else thinks that 4 am is the time to do disruptive maintenance rather than get real work done.

I'm going to try with an older archive of GCC 3.4.4 I have lying around.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every